Imagine Supported Living
San Andreas Regional Center’s implementation of supported living is guided by the following principles:
• Individuals shall be supported in living arrangements which are typical of those in which persons without disabilities reside.
• The services or supports that an individual receives shall change as his or her needs change.
• The individual’s preference shall guide decisions concerning where and with whom he or she lives.
• Individuals shall have control over the environment within their own home.
• The purpose of furnishing services and supports to an individual shall be to assist that individual to exercise choice in his or her life while building critical and durable relationships with other individuals.
• The services or supports shall be flexible and tailored to an individual’s needs and preferences.
• Services and supports are most effective when furnished where a person lives and within the context of his or her day-to-day activities.
• Individuals shall not be excluded from Supported Living Arrangements based solely on the nature and severity of their disabilities.
Imagine provides direct support and facilitation for each person we serve, with support from the people that are closest to that individual.
• Assistance in locating, securing, and maintaining a home.
• Providing adequate information to support individuals in making informed choices regarding fundamental life decisions.
• 24/7 wraparound support with emergency response capabilities.
• Support in building and maintaining rewarding relationships with others.
• Encouragement and support in choosing how and with whom to live with.
• Assisting with daily living activities, such as: shopping, meal planning and preparation, recreational activities, and household maintenance.
• Locating, scheduling, and coordinating appropriate medical services.
• Providing assistance in learning to effectively use the transportation, police, fire, and emergency help available in the community.
• Management of personal finances.
• Recruiting, screening, hiring, supervising and dismissing personal attendants